Summer 2008

James Ross (WM Cleddau Lodge) and Chris Harding (WM Cambrian Lodge) pictured in 2008
I have been really enjoying my role as Provincial Grand Master and Grand Superintendent, but when I started thinking about what sort of thing I could post in my Blog and what people might be interested in, I thought, what about fun things from the past? I have been very fortunate to have had more opportunities than most during my time in freemasonry, but what a great time I have had on the way.

As you can see from the photo, W Bro Chris Harding (ProvGMent) and myself were WM of our respective Haverfordwest lodges at the same time. We had a great year organising and taking part in various social and ceremonial events. Our wives, Helen and Sue were integral parts of the team and, as a by product of our joint efforts, we raised £10k for Ward 10, the cancer ward at Withybush Hospital.

At the time, Freemasonry in Haverfordwest was held in a Masonic Hall in St Mary's Street, Haverfordwest and the then ProvGM, RW Bro Dr John B Lloyd attended a special luncheon to unveil a plaque. It seem almost surreal looking at these old photos that I have followed in Dr John's footsteps and become Provincial Grand Master.

l to r Jim Roberts, James Ross, Derek Price, Dr John Lloyd & Chris Harding

Over the course of the year we held a number of Sunday lunches and various themed evenings. I think my personal favourite was the Curry Night. We provided food and entertanment and made nearly £1000. I looked back through my records for the actual bar takings from the evening. We used to produce a cash sheet for each event and I was amused to see that one of the events was billed as "Charity Wife Swapping." I can honestly say I have no recollection of that event at all! Probably just as well LOL.
There is a photo of the Curry Night organising committee below.
l to r, Helen Ross, James Ross, Sue Harding & Chris Harding
It was lots of hard work, but what a lot of fun we had. If you're wondering whether to make your way towards the Chair of your Lodge, Chris and I can thoroughly recommend it! We knew for several years that we would be Master at the same time and the friendship we forged all those years ago is as strong now as it was then.

James and Chris enjoy a pint at the end of the evening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2

Mustafa Kemal Atatürk - World Leader and Freemason