Video Conferencing Problems

James Ross on Duty
Well, we're all getting the hang of using technology to keep in touch, but it does present some unforeseen problems for a fashion victim like myself. Unless I'm at a meeting, or somewhere special, I wear my favourite sweatshirt and jeans all the time in the Winter and my favourite shorts, t shirt and crocs in the summer. This doesn't matter on the telephone, but once you're on video conferences, what you are wearing is clearly visible to eveyone else on the call.

James Ross off Duty
This creates a bit of a dilema as far as I'm concerned. It's one thing to go round looking like Worzel Gummidge in private, quite another when everyone's looking to you for leadership. The obvious solution to the problem - Google of course. Here's what I found.

"Choose solid, bold colors. Simple jewelry is best. Avoid earrings that dangle or any accessory that makes noise when you move. For most conference calls, you can wear whatever you want from the waist down -- unless you think you might need to stand up for some reason."

I haven't had my ears pierced and I don't own any accessories. To be fair, I have been into Claire's Accessories with my daughter occasionally, but I've never seen anything I fancy. It's too late now, Claire's is closed until further notice along with all the piercing shops. I am obviously going to have to focus on the "Bold Colour" part of the advice, so I Googled that:

"Bold colors are colours that are rich, bright and even extremely vibrant which can basically be primary or even secondary hues (colours) without the need of affecting their tint."

I'm not sure I'm cut out for Video Conferencing, all my clothes are grey, blue or black. I guess everyone will just have to take me as they find me.

  
Enjoy the weekend as far as you can,
Iechyd Da,

James

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2

Mustafa Kemal Atatürk - World Leader and Freemason